It's that good.
Let me tell you, the first time B made it, I went to bed early and was seriously tempted by the delicious smells coming from our kitchen. I didn't expect something that he was only prepping the night before to smell so good. It tastes good too.
3lbs potatoes halved and thinly sliced
1 kielbasa thinly sliced
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
milk to cover potatoes
4 sprigs parsley
3 sprigs oregano
1 sprig rosemary
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
freshly ground black pepper
I only used 1/2 or less of the kielbasa, I'm not a huge fan
We ended up using two bags of pre-shredded parmesan cheese so 3 cups total
The first time B made it, he used fresh herbs, but then he accidentally knocked them out of the fridge and onto the floor. This time, we used dried herbs and just dumped a bunch in.
We didn't use pepper either
1. Heat Oven to 375 (next time we need to do 350, I think our oven runs hot.)
2. Skin potatoes and put them in a large pan with the milk, herbs, 1 tablespoon of butter, and some salt. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender. Drain
3. Grease a 9x13in. baking dish with one tablespoon of butter.
4. Mix cheese and cream in a bowl.
5. Spread half the potatoes and half the kielbasa in the bottom of the dish, then cover with half the cheese.
6. Bake until golden 50-60minutes. (We did 40, and it was a bit too brown on the top.)
But you know what? Even with the top too brown, this is delicious. It's the perfect blend of cheese and potatoes. You could add in onions or even bacon.